:: h o m e   ::   a m b e r   ::   e t s y   ::   f a v o r i t e s   ::   f a c e b o o k ::

>> Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Almost there...

No baby.... yet! 

I thought last night was the night though. I had contractions every five minutes for 4.5 hours! I went in to the doctor yesterday and he checked my cervix. I'm 1 cm dilated, but he said that my cervix isn't quite ready. It's still a little thick. He's having me come back in on Thursday afternoon, and hopefully it will be thinned out. I'm thinking that if I keep having contractions, it will be! If it's more ready, then he will scrape my membranes, and hopefully get things going. All hospitals have a new policy that they cannot induce earlier than 39 weeks. With Saylor, he induced 10 days early, but not so with this little miss.

This always seems to happen with us (but especially this time). It never fails that delivery time is a crazy time/schedule. With Saylor, we literally had to fit in her birth between Tahner finishing the school year, and starting summer school. I was induced on a Thursday (and Tahner had to miss the last day of school) and then he started summer school that next Monday, for three weeks. It was a bit crazy.

This time is even worse. We've had all summer long. It's been nice and relaxing, and I feel so incredibly blessed to have had such a wonderful summer enjoying our last weeks as a family of four. It has given us a lot of great memories, and lots of quality time with the girls. I feel like people probably think I'm crazy wanting and wanting for her to come a little early. BUT, the reason why is because I want some family time together before school starts again. We've had all summer, and now things are picking up again. Tahner has a seminar all week next week. He'll be gone from 7:30 am until about 5:00. Thankfully it's in town, but still. So, the earliest my doctor can induce is August 2, next Tuesday. If she doesn't come by this weekend, I don't know if I'll want to induce? But if we wait, then it will be Maddie's birthday (the 9th, my due date) and then Tahner goes back to work that next week. My in-laws also have something this weekend, and can't come down. I always feel like my deliveries are sandwiched between things, lol.

 Saylor, using the computer just like mama. I bought this tray at a yard sale for $1 to get the hot computer off my lap. Best idea EVER!

It's been pretty low key here lately. I'm still trying like a mad woman to get projects done. I should rephrase that into having people do my projects for me. I can't put my underwear on easily these days, much less get many projects done.   :)  I'm sure Tahner will be really glad when this baby is here, because I am sure my eagerness and persistence is exhausting. He must have come to the realization that he may as well just go overboard all at once to get me off of his back. He got up at 8:30 and worked in the yards until about 11:00. He mowed front and back, edged, cleaned flower beds, swept sidewalks, cleaned up, and sprayed weeds. It looks so amazing. It made me one very happy girl.

 Maddie with her new Selena Gomez book. She's been doing lots of chores to earn money to buy it.
(She actually asked if this picture was for my blog)
:)

I was able to have one last leisurely lunch with my bestie at our favorite cafe. It's called the Corner Cafe, and it's overpriced, yummy basic sandwiches, with the best fries and Starbucks Tropic Tea. It was yummy, as always. And the company was divine. :)  She's one of the most talented girls I know, and she's made so many adorable things for my girls over the years. She made the Saylor dress that I posted here for Saylor's birthday. For her second birthday, she made her a cupcake apron with her name in rhinestones to match her cupcake themed party. For Maddie's birthday, she embroidered her name and a crown (super last minute for this slacker) and it turned out so cute. She's currently making "big sis" and "lil sis" shirts for the girls. She's going above and beyond and embroidering their names on the back as well. Well, that is, as soon as we finally decide on a name.



Speaking of names, let me tell you, I have never experienced anything like this before. Ever. With Maddie, I flip flopped between Maddison and Kayleigh. Obviously I went with Maddison, which I kind of knew I would because it "Maddison Paige" was a name I doodled from the time I was a young teenager. My girl friends and I would literally sit around listening to Joey Lawrence and write lists of our top girls names and boys names. Ya, I know.

With Saylor, it took us a little bit, but around probably 5 months, we had picked out Saylor Grace, and that was it. We never wavered, never second guessed. Loved it.

This little miss, we just absolutely cannot decide on a name! We've been through SO many, and rotated so many different ones into the list, and eventually out. It's insane. And here we are, possibly days away from her arrival, and we still have no idea.

This is the inspiration for the big sis, lil sis shirts. I found these on Etsy, but I am not willing to pay that much for each shirt. My plan was to do them myself, but Jenica offered to do them for me on her embroidery machine (MUCH easier!)



I've been trying to find a super cute, kind of script font for their names on the back but cannot find one! Here's a link to some really super cute fonts, but I haven't been able to find the ones I like (Pea Lovey Dovey, Little Days) to get a preview and download for free.

I'm going to pair them with a super cute tutu or skirt for the older girls, and Jenica is letting me borrow THEE cutest little dark pink tutu for the baby. She showed me yesterday and it seriously looks like it's made for a doll. I cannot wait to show you the pictures of all three of the girls in their shirts!

She's ALSO making them fabric flowers for their hair with the scraps. The baby's will be on a clip to attach to a headband.  ♥

Random talk: I bought some really pretty hydrangeas early last month. They are my favorite flower, I just LOVE them. They did okay for a couple weeks until the heat came on. I had them on our front porch so they got morning sun and a little bit of shade. I watered them twice a day. Eventually, they literally just fried. They were so bad! So I brought them into our sun room a few weeks ago. It's like the perfect green house for them. I've been so happy that they are finally coming back from the brink of death. There's a lot of new growth, and would you believe that the parts that were completely brown are turning green again. I almost pulled them all off to start fresh, but they're coming back to life. Lots of green, but a few white blooms! Just thought I'd share. Do you have hydrangeas? Where are you, and what are the conditions? I'm always curious. I think they do better in the south. Probably because of the humidity.

Poor things! 






8 comments:

Liz @ Sugarplum Creations July 26, 2011 at 4:32 PM  

Awww, I hope she comes soon! Okay, so that is a new hospital policy for all hospitals. I wondered. I was walking around at 4.5cm dilated, and there was no talk of induction because {by their calculations}, I was still almost two weeks early. Crazy I say! I'm so glad you've had a nice, relaxing summer. You will cherish those memories for sure. Can't wait to meet your new little one, Amber. It cracks me up because this post is EXACTLY what I would have written about 6 weeks ago. And I know I'm so scatter-brained, but I'll need to get your address again. I have two addresses, and I always forget which one to use ;)

And btw, almost every time I snap a picture my girls ask if it's for the blog, ha!

Cassie July 26, 2011 at 4:39 PM  

I know what you mean! I am due the same day as you, which is also my son's preschool open house and the day before he starts school! This is going to be so hectic!

Simply LKJ July 26, 2011 at 6:13 PM  

Hang in there! Hopefully she will arrive in between all the craziness!! Names are so hard.

Lynn July 26, 2011 at 6:45 PM  

Good Luck on the baby ! I never was one to go into labor and had one of my girls 2 weeks 6 days late! Ugh and it was august. I feel you girl. We live in Arkansas and I have beautiful Hydrangeas. Lots of water. It's prefix is hydrate!!! And a little Muracid they will be very happy.

Cheryl B. July 27, 2011 at 9:20 AM  

I cannot wait to see the outfits either. I cannot believe the names you have for your daughters. My oldest daughters name was Lori Grace. She is now a little angel in heaven. My youngest daughter's name is Paige, she had a daughter and named her Kayleigh Madissen. Such a small world and lovely names. We literally picked out our middle daughters name in the labor room. The labor nurse was our sounding board. Hopefully you won't wait that long. Good luck.

Janie B July 27, 2011 at 4:17 PM  

What an exciting time for you. How lucky you are to have three little girls! I was one of 3 daughters, and it was great. Hope the littlest sister arrives soon.

gayla July 28, 2011 at 7:27 PM  

SOOO excited for you to welcome your sweet baby girl. and excited to find out what name you all end up choosing! maybe you'll just know when you see her! best of luck for a smooth and safe delivery for mom and baby!

trooppetrie July 31, 2011 at 6:52 PM  

so excited for you, I cannot wait to hear that this precious blessing has arrived

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I would just ♥♥♥ to hear what you have to say!

♥ Amber