:: h o m e   ::   a m b e r   ::   e t s y   ::   f a v o r i t e s   ::   f a c e b o o k ::

>> Friday, August 5, 2011

Here I am. NOT having a baby.

So, today has become quite the ordeal. I was supposed to go in at 5 am this morning. I worked SO hard last night: getting things packed, cleaning the house, getting Maddison's birthday party invitations ready to mail today, etc, etc, etc. Everything was ready, and I was completely ready to go.



At 3:30 am I got a phone call from the hospital. The message said that the hospital was full and they did not have any room for inductions. She told me to call back and hopefully they could get me in by 7:30 am. I called at 5:45, and apparently I was supposed to call back at 7:30. I called back at 7:30. They still didn't have anything available. The charge nurse told me that my doctor was NOT happy, but that I was first on the list. Sit tight and be ready to come when they call.

I called at 10:45 am. Still nothing available. I guess the deal was that every time a room became available, someone would come into the triage and be admitted. Yes, I understand that they need to be there. But it's still annoying. She told me to hold tight, and that if I felt like I needed to come in to be checked, I could do that. In between all of this, I got a few things done around the house. I was kind of okay with it because we were able to spend the morning together, as a family. Last night Tahner had worship practice, and got home around 8:00. My mom took the girls swimming in the afternoon, and when my dad brought them home around 7:00 pm, Saylor had fallen asleep. She slept all night, so I had been a little sad to not be able to spend any time together.

Around noon, we decided to pack up and head to lunch. Surely they would call us soon. And if not, we could run a couple errands, and then they should be calling.

Post office.
Subway.
Gas.
Old Navy.

At the gas station, I was feeling very discouraged and down.

By the end of Old Navy, I was getting really frustrated. It was 1:45 and I told Tahner to just head toward the hospital. I've been having a lot of contractions, and a lot of pressure, so I figured well I would just go in. Then, if I was 4 cm, they would HAVE to keep me. On the way over, I got increasingly mad and upset. Tahner & I talked about how what if they did keep me and I was stuck in a room with another person? That I wouldn't get the treatment that I should deserve? Over half way there, and we just decided to turn around. I got so mad that I decided even if they call me, I wouldn't go.

I took some time to get myself together and get back into a more positive attitude. We came home and have been on the computers relaxing and watching a disc of Everybody Loves Raymond. It has definitely helped a lot.

And thankfully I have a LOT of family and friends that have been praying for me. I've been getting all kinds of nice texts and Facebook messages all day long. I am truly blessed. A lot of YOU are the ones that have contacted me, and I am so thankful for you all!

My cousin helped me to put it into perspective when she told me, "Hey, you've been waiting for THREE years and you're finally about to have a beautiful baby girl. What's a few more hours??" Even another day. (God forbid).

But really.

I am so blessed. So thankful. So grateful that God is blessing us with this baby. So I will be (as) patient (as possible) and just wait on Him.

I'll keep you all updated as much as possible. Hopefully next time I post it will be with pictures of our beautiful baby girl!

In the meantime, here are some pictures of my other beautiful baby girls.













**4:30 pm: I just called again to let the charge nurse know that I didn't end up going to the triage, and she said she'd been looking for me because she's running it today. I wanted to know if I was still on standby and still on the list, and she said yes. My doctor wanted to still go ahead whenever they had space. So I guess it could still be today? Or maybe early tomorrow morning? We shall see!

**5:07pm: My doctor called me personally to see how I was doing. He said he's been at the hospital all day long, trying to fit me in. He said it's absolute chaos and getting worse by the minute.  He said there is literally a line down the hall with laboring women, with their waters breaking, etc. SO, the plan is to give it another go on Sunday at noon. Hopefully it will work this time!

10 comments:

BluBabesCreate August 5, 2011 at 4:58 PM  

It's tough there at the end! Hang in! Come see a stylish toilet seat!

Becca @ R We There Yet Mom? August 5, 2011 at 5:02 PM  

It will be soon enough!!! Thinking about you today!

~Becca

Just Beachy August 5, 2011 at 5:10 PM  

Hang in there , I know it's an emotional roller coaster , I hate waiting too , I hope things get moving for you very soon

Janie B August 5, 2011 at 5:33 PM  

I'm so sorry you didn't get to go in today. Things like that just happen. Maybe her birthday is supposed to be on the 6th or 7th instead. Hang on for a little longer. I'm sure she will be worth the wait, if she's anything like your other two. God bless!

jojo August 5, 2011 at 9:24 PM  

I got a little chuckle out of your post title! Pretty much sums it up...stay strong, it won't be long now...

Liz @ Sugarplum Creations August 5, 2011 at 10:10 PM  

Ugh. I completely understand being anxious. I was there. So done with pregnancy and just wanting to meet my precious little girl. You are SO close. I know it's pretty much impossible, but try to cherish these last few moments. I kind of forgot how chaotic it can get with a newborn in the house ;)

Also just wanted you to know that you have been at the very front of my mind all day for days. We went camping this week for Jeremy's birthday, and I've been without internet. I've seriously been dying to know how you're doing :) Praying for you, sweetie.

Connie Weiss August 6, 2011 at 6:37 AM  

What a bummer!!

This is exactly what I was expecting to happen to me in Utah. I thought I'd be giving birth in the hallway!

Hang in there!

Colleen August 7, 2011 at 1:15 PM  

Oh man, that's so frustrating...hopefully you are having a baby right now :)

trooppetrie August 8, 2011 at 4:28 AM  

oh WOW, glad they were honest, that would have been horrible walk into. hoping you are holding a precious baby by the time you read this

KY August 10, 2011 at 7:20 PM  

GOOD LUCK! I love your daughters in their big sis and little sis shirts :) GOD BLESS xoxo

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I would just ♥♥♥ to hear what you have to say!

♥ Amber