:: h o m e   ::   a m b e r   ::   e t s y   ::   f a v o r i t e s   ::   f a c e b o o k ::

>> Monday, June 11, 2012

Summer Time!

Oh gosh, I haven't written on my blog in ages. But I really want to keep track and journal our summer, and my blog is such a great avenue for that. I ♥ looking back through my blog.

AND I would love to get back in touch with so many of my online friends. You know, the ones of you I'm not friends with on Facebook. :) 

Kallie is TEN months old! I wish I had blogged all this time, so I could look back on everything. She is such a precious baby. She has been such a blessing and brings so much joy to our lives. The girls love her to death, and are so great with her. She is starting to walk, taking two and three steps all on her own. Holding onto the couch or anything else--she's FAST! She definitely keeps up with her big sisters.




Maddie just finished fifth grade. She is going to be in the SIXTH grade! I cannot believe it. She has matured so much lately. She's more teenager than child.



Saylor just turned five last Thursday and she graduated from preschool last night. It was adorable. They sang a few songs on stage and then did a formal little diploma ceremony. So sweet. I can't believe she's off to kindergarten soon.



................................................................................................................

 

I consider today the official first day of summer break!! We had a super duper busy weekend, packed to the gills with Saylor's birthday party, a graduation party, etc, etc. So it was so great to sleep in until 9:00 am this morning. So nice.

Saylor was finally able to play with her new toys today. The girls dug into the Lite Brite this morning, and Maddie made an ice cream cone for Saylor. It was a super sweet sister moment. Shortly after, my mom came and got the girls and took them to her house for most of the day to cook together and swim.


Tahner and I took the opportunity to sort through ALL of the toys in the toy room, and all of the toys in the little girls' room. We had our house treated on Sunday for fleas (we have kitties on our front porch!) so we bagged up all of the toys. And we're having a yard sale on Friday, so this was the perfect moment to go through everything. I wish I would have taken a picture! Our dining room table was full of white garbage bags! Lots and lots of little girl toys. :)

Tonight we went to Target. Not much has changed with me, has it??  :)  Maddie climbed up into the cart, and we had to snap some pictures of it! Tahner said he's going to give them to her 6th grade teacher to put on the smart board the first day back to school.  :)





Maddie and I looked around my Pinterest boards tonight and made a Summer Bucket List. One of the things I have planned is a summer journal, like this one. I'll probably post it soon.




I don't know about you, but I am SO excited for summer!



2 comments:

Liz @ Sugarplum Creations June 11, 2012 at 10:30 PM  

I've MIIIIIISSSEEEDD you!!! I'm so happy you're journaling. Keeping up with the blog can be difficult, but it's so worthwhile {I have to continually tell myself that!}

Have I ever mentioned before that I wish we lived closer. I just know all our girls would be such good friends. And you and I? Oh we'd sip lemonade all day and chat for hours! :) Have a great Summer, Amber!

♥Amber Filkins: Silver Lining♥ June 11, 2012 at 10:34 PM  

I've missed you too!!! I have to be honest, I was stalking your blog today, showing my girls pictures of your girls and telling all about them. :) They are begging to come visit. :) Even my husband said yesterday to ask you how far from Redding you are. :)

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I would just ♥♥♥ to hear what you have to say!

♥ Amber